International Student Admission Requirements
International students considering admission to Saint Clement must submit the following:
- Completed application
- Transcripts in English with American grade equivalents
- Evidence of English proficiency such as, SLATE-Plus, IETLs, TOEFL Junior and TOEFL scores. Minimum requirements are a 4 on the SLATE-Plus, a minimum of 5 on each section of the Academic IETLs, or a 250 on each of the 3 sub-sections of the TOEFL plus, or a 180 on the computer based TOEFL, or a 60 on the internet based TOEFL. . (To locate a test center for the SLATE-Plus test go to www.iTEPexam.com. To locate a test center for the TOEFL Junior test, go to www.ets.org/toefl_junior/where/. To locate a test center for the TOEFL test go to www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register/centers_dates/).
Students may also be asked to participate in a video interview.
- At least two letters of recommendation. One must be from an English teacher. Letters must be written on official school stationery and contain contact information for the writer.
- Nonrefundable $250.00 application fee.
- Immunization and health records with English translation.
- Signed Tuition Agreement form
- Financial Information -The parent or sponsor of the student must show proof of ability to provide the full amount of the first year’s expenses ($30,000.00). A letter from a bank showing recent balance, or other evidence of sufficient funds, will satisfy this requirement. If the student’s sponsor is a person other than a parent, a notarized affidavit of support must accompany the bank letter.
- Saint Clement only accepts students through approved agencies or students who will live with family members. Family members must be willing to sign a notarized document. Students who are applying independently and not through an agency, must also provide an affidavit of guardianship and health insurance.
- Copy of a valid passport.
Saint Clement is a private, co-educational Catholic school for grades Pre-K-12. It is accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges and offers students small classes, a variety of courses and a culturally diverse student population. Saint Clement is located just outside of Boston.
International Student Information (2015-2016)
High School Base Tuition: $13,000/year
Grade 7 and 8 Base Tuition: $7,500.00/year
Tuition Includes: All textbooks and workbooks are included in tuition for international students. Tuition for Grade 12 students includes college application assistance and graduation expenses. Athletic fees, class activity fees, and mandatory fund raising are not included.
ELL/ESL: Saint Clement is a total language immersion school and does not offer formal classes in English as a Second Language. However, small class size offers language support to students and helps them integrate themselves into the community.
Scholarships: To make attending Saint Clement School more affordable, over 40 scholarships are awarded annually through the generosity of Saint Clement parishioners and alumni.
Transportation and Location: Saint Clement School is accessible via public transportation with bus connections to Arlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Medford, Malden and the T Orange and Green Lines. The Red line is within easy walking distance. Arriving by private vehicles is also convenient because the school is near Routes 93 and 16. The school is also located in the hub of many colleges and universities like Tufts, Harvard and Lesley.
Admission: Saint Clement only accepts students through approved agencies or students living with family members. Students who are applying independently and not through an agency, must also provide an affidavit of guardianship and health insurance.
Lunch Services: Saint Clement School offers all its students a nutritious hot lunch program served in the school cafeteria on a pay as you go system.